10/19/12

90 Day Challenge Wrap

Giving up is the easiest thing to do-that is what separates those who are winners, those who are successful, those who meet their challenges and goals, from those who do not.   

Never Give Up~sometimes it is easier to say, to grasp, to share the idea~and more often then not, it's a lot harder to follow through and not give up~ It is in those moments of struggle, when you look at both paths, that pivotal point ( whether it looks pivotal or not) when you make a choice and a decision-

90 Days ago I started a challenge, to lose weight, lose inches/body fat and to exercise both my body and my mind.  I usually would make a video but decided to just write it out this morning.  My challenge "officially" ends on Monday October 22~this one anyway, the joy of a 90 day challenge is that I can start all over again =D  

The last 90 days has had it's share of ups and downs emotionally, physically and financially.  I did not allow these life events to derail me for any substantial length of time~ never give up~  I did not meet my original challenge goal in it's entirety, however I did meet parts of it and regardless, I am better off today then I was in July.  

I lost an overall total of 6 pounds which was my revised goal from September, for a total weight loss of 30# since I originally started on the challenge.  I have read through and started practicing principles of 2 personal growth books and have a few more I am in process of reading. I am down  another pants size which is always great.  My exercise was not what I had planned to do, I still need to focus on that aspect of my life.  Having had surgery in the course of this challenge with another one scheduled the day I return from St. Louis, has had an impact on my exercise routine~ this is only temporary as I anticipate that the pain and discomfort are temporary and that with these procedures, the pain I experience with exercise will diminish =D

So this weekend I will take an "after photo", I took before photos but want to compare them, I am interested in seeing if I can see any difference.  I KNOW I can see a difference in my daughter, who has been doing the challenge along with me. Sometimes it's easier to see changes in other people rather then on yourself, hence why taking photos is so important~ they give you a difference perspective, I can look at the photo and be more objective rather then subjective.  

Although my challenge isn't officially over until Monday I am starting to think seriously about what my next challenge will entail.  The Challenge Showdown is over but I have found that making videos is a good way for me to keep myself accountable so I will continue to post videos and pictures of my progress.  I believe that this next challenge, which will take me through the traditionally "fattening" time of year, will focus on health, exercise and water intake.  Losing weight is great and fits into those areas for sure but focusing on it as the main "goal" is often self defeating and frustrating~  I don't want to be sick and skinny anymore then I want to be sick and overweight~ it is the health issue that is paramount~ I have been pondering my health and my goals~ maybe it's partly due to my age--50 is not far up the road, there are changes in me and in my body I don't really appreciate or like that really are awakening me to the fact that I must get my act together or I will wake up one day and wonder where my life went....

Here's to the Future!!!
~JmF~


No comments: