10/8/12

On Relationship Building

From Marc  and Angela Hack

In Twelve Years----

People won’t remember what clothes you wore, which car you drove, and maybe not even your full name.  

But----

In Twelve Years----

They will remember how you made them feel and the positive memories you gave them.  

The true impact you make on people will depend on the time and attention you give to teaching those who know less, caring for those who have less, supporting those who are striving, and tolerating those who are different than you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I read this morning, I came across this "truth" and it made me stop and ponder why I do what I do, why I pursue the things I pursue....what drives me.....

I strive to help people, to help others better themselves, to share information and knowledge with other people so that they can have a better life if they choose.  I think that people don't always get the"WHY" I do things, it just looks like I am a workhorse and I don't always "care"--my why is good but I think I need to work on my execution of it better, to really let others know how much I care regardless of what choices they make in the end.  That is key in building relationships, as that saying goes, "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care".  

I care a lot--it doesn't always come out in a way that people may find accepting...so that is why I go on, working on myself first--to be the person I would like to be around..to be mentored by....JmF


No comments: