8/13/12

Course Correction

I have been thinking about what I have been doing the last 3 weeks and know that I need a course correction--not just in my physical being but definitely in my mental and emotional as well.  I tend to go at things really hard and in that, ignore the other 20 things that I was doing..it's sometimes not until the tower falls that you "see" that you have been ignoring the foundation and it cracked.

So read this a few minutes ago........I don't think my path is wrong, it's just that I need to be operating with a full wheel--a chair with 4 legs--right now I am teetering on a 4 legged stool that has 3 broken legs..


"Change your path when you must, but keep moving forward. – There are thousands of possible paths one could take up the mountain of life.  You get to choose which one you take, and you can jump from one path to another if you run into a hazardous road block.  All of these paths are unique, but lead in a similar general direction, so it really doesn’t matter which path you start off on.  The only mistake you can make is by wasting time running around at the base of the mountain, telling everyone that your life path is wrong." (From 10Ways to Write a Life Story Worth Living)

I have stopped doing things that only 4 months ago brought me joy, happiness and I have gone back to my mindset of work work work, not enjoying the moment, that nothing happens unless I do it...blah blah blah, it goes on and on.  An Island, I can do it all myself. 

It sucks.

So today it's Monday ( is it just me or do a lot of people start things on Mondays because in the work week it is 'the beginning' IDK...........

  • I am working on getting clutter out of my life--it is an outward and visible sign of where I am emotionally--not pretty at the moment......so one area a day gets de-cluttered...
  • I have stopped playing my guitar, I did last night, God, my fingers were sore but I have missed doing this one thing for myself.....so Facebook will just have to have less of my time...it doesn't feed me, playing does.  I am also not going to care if people thing I don't play well enough-the only opinion that matters is mine and if I put something up on my Youtube Channel then it's there for me not everyone else.
  • I am going to commit, not just "say" I'm going to exercise......I need to do this for ME, my health, not anyone else, not the challenge, not my business...only for me because if I'm not doing it for ME........it won't be a long term habit.
  • I am changing up my eating pattern. I "know" I should be eating more, I think what I'm eating needs to change and that I need to find a happy medium between the 1350 I was eating and the 1800 the Metabolic Rate Calculator says I should eat--
  • I have stopped reading-everything it seems except ViSalus related posts and this needs to stop--I understand that what I focus on grows however I need to grow a lot of things and what I've been doing has not been working. I have some great books on Kindle that I need to read.
  • I am looking at the events and activities in my life that I believe I "MUST DO" and working through them....I can't do everything and I also can't care what others think about me not doing some things.  We are all give 24 hours a day--I can't do 36 hours worth of stuff...all the time management in the world can't do that---my sleep, emotional health, relationships are all suffering.
So that's what I'm doing........
Exercise More, Eat differently, and take care of what feeds me so that I don't burn out--because if I stay on the path I am at the moment,
I will have a total mental and physical collapse.  Not Acceptable!


No comments: